Here are five writing prompts to help get those creative juices flowing:
1. Go to your favorite book and find the antagonist. Write a few paragraphs or a short story where the antagonist is the protagonist (after all, s/he is the hero of his/her own story).
2. Look around where you are right now. Pick five things that you see and give them a magical power. What do they do and why is that important?
3. Go for a walk ... find a spot to sit for a while and write the description of the scenery. What do you see? What do you hear? What do you smell? Write it all down!
4. Name five animals ... they are your main character's possible sidekicks, what special properties do they have that make them special and worthy to be a sidekick?
5. Name five religions ... how could they influence the future of Earth if one of them became the world religion? How do you think that religion may have changed in 500 years.